[Pibe-division] TVI Training

denise millette dlmillette at friendlycity.net
Fri Feb 21 22:40:33 UTC 2014

Yes! I will gladly share my experiences.
I did have to set up my own practicum placement. This proved to be  a
little challenging due to the fact that it was near the Christmas
holidays and I had a hard time getting phone calls returned. I have
worked out transportation to the office for Exceptional Children where
we start and end each day and I travel with my cooperating teacher to
each school. I send in assignments through a program called Drop Box.
I am responsible for completing the assignments and uploading them to
Drop Box and then sharing them with my supervisor at UNCO. I have 3
videotaped lessons that I will have to complete as observations. At
some point we will probably participate in a phone conference or
something similar to discuss the lessons. (This hasn't happened yet.)
I have to complete a minimum of 350 hours and this can be full days or
part time.
So far it has been very interesting. I have been very happy with the
reaction of the professionals I am working with at the school
district. If they have questions or concerns, they haven't voiced them
to me!
Doing a practicum at a distance has been interesting but really the
only difference has been interactions between myself and the
supervisor at the school.

Denise