[Pibe-division] Students' Braille Reading Preferences?

Amanda Gough amanda.gough at xtra.co.nz
Wed Dec 2 09:03:40 UTC 2015

I would say all of the above except Chrome Books.

The problem with ChromeBooks is that you can't store anything on them
(including Jaws), so they rely almost entirely on aps.

We have a number of students with multiple devices which they use for
different purposes.

The Braille Sense is popular with sighted teachers, because it comes with a
monitor that transcribes everything into print.

Each student is different, and once they are old enough to thoroughly
explore and trial the technology themselves, they will often be the best
judges of what they need.

Amanda