[Pibe-division] Sandra Gayer's Short Accessibility Survey.

Sandra Gayer sandragayer7 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:04:47 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't written to the list for ages. I have been watching a
few threads though and the O and M Consultancy did spark my interest.
Shame I'm not in America!

I'm writing as I have a favour to ask.
 I’ve been frustrated many times over the last couple of years by
 companies selling products online. It’s mainly the lack of
 accessibility in relation to their websites and digital products which
 gets to me.
 I have a product idea which will make mainstream companies more aware
 of us as an important community that spends money online. I’d really
 value your help and if you complete the survey within seven days, I’ll
 post the results of the survey to the list. There’s an awful lot we
 can do with this survey:
 *I want to help my local advocacy group make their case that there’s a
 lot of money that companies are missing out on as a result of their
 ignorance about us as a consumer group.
 *The Radio station I work at, (Insight Radio), would be able to make
 this a focal point, drawing over 100000 people’s attention to
 accessibility issues as something they can make a difference in.
 *Given that 2015 is the 800th anniversary of the signing of The Magna
 Carta, it wouldn’t be too difficult for me to get some press
 attention.  (The Freedom from Discrimination Act).

 What I have to say will only be news worthy if enough of us take
 action. By doing this, we will make these companies sit up and take
 notice but the more of us who respond, the better!

 Here’s the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YmbOxm4_jPOBOpN6GOyCWzeK_HgUANrgJkVlForV_JU/edit#

 I know it may appear as two lines but if you paste it into a fresh web
 page, it will open properly.

 By the way it is a 10 minute survey, (with thinking time included),
 and I filled it out myself with a Braille stopwatch so I can say that
 with experience, hee hee!
 Thank you again,
 Sandra.

--