[Pibe-division] FW: Online UEB Training!

Eric Guillory eguillory at louisianacenter.org
Fri Jun 26 16:45:24 UTC 2015

Thanks much, Anita!

From: Pibe-division [mailto:pibe-division-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Anita Adkins via Pibe-division
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2015 11:32 AM
To: Professionals in Blindness Education Division List
Cc: Anita Adkins
Subject: Re: [Pibe-division] FW: Online UEB Training!

Hi,
First, I am currently enrolled in the NIU UEB course. I am looking forward to practicing my UEB skills using it over the summer.

Yesterday I contacted Louisiana Tech to see if The Ashcroft book might be available in Braille, and the lady I spoke with did not think it was. However, the author has contacted me, and there is a Braille version of the UEB version. Could you please pass this information along to them? Her reply to my inquiry is below:
“
Anita,

We have a print edition and Braille edition of the Ashcroft’s Programmed Instruction in Braille (UEB). You will not need the 4th edition because it is the older book.

The Instructor’s Manual is currently only in the print edition right now but should be coming out in a Braille edition by the end of the summer!

If you are blind, you may prefer to just get the API-UEB-be as that is the only book you currently need. The first and second books you noted in your email are the same book. One is print and one is braille.

Please advise what you wish to do. I can send you an invoice or you can just go on our website and order that way.

Best regards,

Barbara Ashcroft
SCALARS Publishing
1665 Newsum Dr.