[Pibe-division] Taking a Pearson Test

Sarah Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:18:24 UTC 2015

Hello,

I said I’d report back after my son took his Microsoft Server 2012 r2 exam.  I’m happy to report that the testing experience went relatively smoothly.  Pearson hired a reader who arrived on time and was very professional.  My son tells me that the reader did a very good job and was easy to work with (grammar apologies).  The people at the testing facility were polite and helpful.  The exam was a bear.  Turns out that there were a few gaps in David’s knowledge so he did not pass this time.  It is interesting to note that you can get this test with a “free” retake so that is the next order of business.  Seems that retakes are a common occurrence with this exam. Hopefully it will take way less than the 6 months it took to schedule the exam the first time.

David tried to take this exam without purchasing the online testing packages.  This isn’t a good strategy since the questions have a style that bears learning before taking the test.  It’s like the SAT or CPA exam—you may know a lot about the subject but the way it is presented in the exam is challenging.  Unfortunately the online materials are not accessible.  I have become the designated accessibility tool for his studies.

Sally Thomas