[Pibe-division] Student that tears everything

Kristen Sims ksims at opsb.net
Tue Jan 12 14:26:26 UTC 2016

Is she likely to be an academic or more of a functional learner? If she is academic, there are a variety of positive behavior supports that can be included to keep the paper on the desk. If she is needing Braille for self-help/functional goals, I would start with words (like her name) to start with. Aph has some pre-made object stickers. Putting labels on objects gives concrete meaning to the Braille. Plus I challenge her to tear up the door! Lol

Kristen Sims, Vision Services
Ouachita Parish Student Support Services
318-432-5481