[Pibe-division] Interesting job available at the Maryland School for the Blind

Smith, Pauline L PSmith4 at dmc.org
Mon Mar 14 12:32:07 UTC 2016

Good Morning,

I share Marianne's sentiments.  I was told that a person like me who is interested in teaching should get an undergraduate degree in something like social work, then get my master's degree in blind rehabilitation teaching.  I appreciate and respect any good person who chooses to enter this field.  However, my passion was and still is to teach children (preferably in a  single school).

Blind people should be able to get jobs in the fields/areas where they have the strongest skills and choose alternates if they need to get an immediate position that is not exacly in the chosen field like everyone else.  It is a burden to continue to support large numbers of unemployed and underemployed individuals just because society doesn't expect them to be productive.

Pauline Smith, TVI
Braille Instructor