[Pibe-division] time for students

Martin Pardue robertpardue at opsb.net
Tue Mar 7 20:21:08 UTC 2017

As an itinerant teacher in Louisiana:

Academic print--provide materials and collaboration with teachers (no direct service)

Academic dual--60 minutes 4-5 times a week working toward transition to braille as appropriate for future need

Academic braille--anywhere from 60-120 minutes of unique instruction (braille, Nemeth, technology, O&M) 4-5 times a week plus production time

For students with multiple disabilities--if we can address something not already addressed by OT, PT, or APE, or other direct service provider, then it may be 15-45 minutes a few times a month, depending on the ability level of the student.

On average we have 2-5 direct braille students and up to 9 students on a consult basis (large print only -or- students with multiple disabilities)