[PIBE-Division] re interview went well

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Sun Jun 30 18:23:51 UTC 2019

Dr. Robinson and I will give you different answers on training and
assessment materials.
If I am teaching a student in the early years of education, 1-4, I use
Building on Patterns and it has great assessment materials. If I am
teaching an older student who has good print reading skills I use the
McDuffy Reader from NFB. I believe there are other books that are now
available in UEB. I think the Texas School for the Blind has a good program
for teaching Braille. It is relatively expensive.
I create my own assessments if I am teaching technology but my technology
instruction is designed so the student can turn in assignments using the
technology. I teach Word and PPT to complete most assignments. Dr. Denise
uses Excel and Word to complete math assignments.
I use a 40 cell Braille display connected to my computer and connect to my
students using JAWS Tandem so I can read what they are typing. I prefer
Typability or Talking Typing Teacher over Talking Typer from APH. You can
watch some of Dr. Denise's trainings on Youtube. She will also be offering
a course on technolog$40 per hour is too low. You spend a lot of time
prepping. If you are working under a contract with the school district make
sure it is all stated very clearly.y during the school year. I am not sure
what the cost will be.
Will the school also pay for your prep time for your students? If not,

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053