[Promotion-technology] Critical security flaw in JAWS

Zuhair Mahd zuhairmahd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 22:20:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

I think that what he means is that, he, as a user, has managed to gain
administrator access to the system without logging on, hence using JAWS's
credentials to gain privileged access.  The implication being that anyone
can circumvent the security of Windows Vista by connecting through the JFW
running process.  I haven't followed his steps, so I don't know if you have
to enter a password when you enter the command prompt as he described, but
if you don't, then he's right, it is a cause for concern.

Thanks.