[Quietcars] diesel hybrid school bus

michael townsend mrtownsend at optonline.net
Tue Nov 3 15:08:16 UTC 2009

Diesels operate differently than gasoline engines in that their vacuum
levels are different.  It depends upon who makes the engine/hybrid set up,
as some gasoline hybrids allow the engine to run when the vehicles idle as
well, so don't negatively assume that the engine stops just because a hybrid
vehicle idles.

Do you have the manufacturer of the vehicle rather than the vendor.  I'd be
willing to call them specifically if you don't want to do so.  It is very
important to stop assuming the worst in terms of the hybrid, because this
will impact people's thoughts about organization ideologies and, could also
impact any positive work that is being done regarding this quest of getting
manufacturers to fit eh hybrid vehicles with a designated audio output that
might benefit everyone who needs it.

Thanks for passing this along.

I'll do some research in terms of hybrid diesels and pass along to the list
what I find.