[Quietcars] Auto Pilot coming to cars soon?

michael townsend mrtownsend at optonline.net
Sun Nov 8 13:27:29 UTC 2009

You walk about now worrying about hybrids not making enough noise?  How
about a plan to allow cars to go on auto pilot?  Planes do.  Rec3ently we've
heard about two Northwest pilots who were out of touch with their control
towers for 78 minutes.  They finally got their headsets back on, turned the
ship around and headed back to Minneapolis.  They lost their licenses for
their misdeeds.  How about the following there articles and their
consequences?  Should we blind, disabled, hearing impaired, elderly,
everyone who walks around or drives, petition the carmakers to cease
thinking about the following:

Mike T in NJ
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2007/11/car-autopilot-t.html
http://www.motherproof.com/advice-safety/story/auto-pilot-mode-in-cars-could
-help-families-stay-safe/
http://jalopnik.com/122509/gm-to-launch-auto-pilot-of-sorts-on-2008-opel-vec
tra

"I am accustomed to hearing malicious falsehoods about myself...but I think
I have
a right to resent, to object to, libelous statements about my dog."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
Mike Townsend and Seeing Eye dog Brent
Dunellen, New Jersey  08812
emails:  mrtownsend at optonline.net;