[Quietcars] Auto Pilot coming to cars soon?

Robert Wilson bwilson4web at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 10 00:11:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

Comments inserted ... mostly agree.

> From: gabias at telus.net
> To: quietcars at nfbnet.org
> Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:30:37 -0800
> Subject: Re: [Quietcars] Auto Pilot coming to cars soon?
>
> That sounds really promising. I have no doubt that computer controlled anti
> crash systems will ultimately be standard and reliable features on all cars.

What would help is to make them commodity items in all cars. For example, seat belts initially were just lap belts but within a very short period of time, they became lap and shoulder belts. Then warning is not fastened and today, augmented with air bags. These advances happen fastest if we get them in our vehicles now instead of pricing them so only the wealthy can afford them.

> . . .
> Parenthetically, one of the spin offs of such technology could be driverless
> cars, or cars that could be driven by non visual means.

Also called a real, public transportation system ... <BIG GRINS>

Bob Wilson

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009