[Quietcars] Recent 'run away' Prius incident

michael townsend mrtownsend at optonline.net
Wed Mar 17 19:49:02 UTC 2010

Robert, I apologize for not having written sooner, but I've been
hospitalized with pneumonia but I'm recovering at home now.

This Prius owner has had a multitude of things that haven't worked out for
him, including hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt, twenty grand owed
on the car, and he's filed for bankruptcy a couple of times.

Results have been inconclusive as to why his car went out of control, if it
ever did, and nothing has been able to have been replicated regarding this.
If you want my honest opinion, Toyota is a scapegoat for  incidents with
fords, Chryslers, etc., and not much has been said about it.

If you want to be on the bandwagon, the popular thing is to bash whichever
car manufacturer is down at the moment.  Take every incident with a grain of
salt and skepticism.  Like the Audi incidents of the late 1980s, this too
shall passs and the minimal incidnets which are truly honorable will be
settled.  It's a shame that Toyota's reputation is tarnished by unscrupulous
drivers/owners.