[Quietcars] Jerry Brown signs driverless car bill

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 27 20:59:51 UTC 2012

Dear Dave,
You are right, but it is early yet and this will be worked out.
The modern airlines have had the ability to fly without a pilot on board
since the late 1970's, but the airlines and the government have never be
willing to figure out the legal tangle.
They know that many people are afraid to fly anyway and if the passengers
knew there was no one at the controls, they would not fly that airline.
It is a process and a feeling of trust must be built and that will take
time.
The Laws can be changed and as it comes down to who is the responsible
party, the Laws will need to spell out just who or what is the responsible
party.
It opens up some very deep legal questions, but those can be worked out.

David Evans and GD Jack.