[rehab] New THOUGHT PROVOKER #150- Virtual Blindness, Training The Trainers

Teal Bloodworth tealbloodworth at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 00:43:14 UTC 2009

i think with them having this experience it helps them to practice empathy.
When i went to New York to get my first guide dog there was a full class
with one girl doing her training with a blindfold. I asked her at the end of
her darkness how she felt and she said she understood some of the problems
that may arise. Also most sighted folks that are training to help us but
wont necessarily give it to us for nothingif they are good trainers.

        -Teal