[rehab] Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research

Edward Bell ebell at latech.edu
Tue Jul 13 13:42:50 UTC 2010

Dear NOMC and Rehab Professionals:

As you heard Mark Riccabono and Fred Schroeder mention during their remarks at national convention, the NFB Jernigan Institute has just launched the Journal of Blindness Innovation and Research (JBIR). The JBIR is a peer-reviewed research journal that will bring meaningful research into the mainstream of our field--research that meets with the standards and expectations that the NFB knows to be true.

The following link will take you to the home page of the journal. I strongly encourage each of you to sign yourselves up as readers of the journal, as well as checking the box to include yourself as a peer-reviewer for the journal. This is an open-access, fully accessible journal. This means that all content is 100% free. You will probably not find any articles posted yet, as we are just kicking off. But check back often, and also feel free to contribute your own writings to the journal. Although the main focus of the journal will be qualitative and quantitative research, there will also be sections for practice-based and philosophical pieces.

The URL is:

http://www.nfb-jbir.org/index.php/JBIR

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC
Director, Professional Development and Research
Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
210 Woodard Hall
PO Box 3158