[rehab] [Jobs] looking for help

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Mon Apr 11 18:06:22 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

Recently I have been using information from Guerrilla Job Search
International in my careers classes at BLIND, Inc. to see how well it works
with blind people.  My students have responded positively, so I think it is
fair to recommend their site to the rest of you.  The link is
http://www.gm4jh.com/.  There is a lot of free information on their site,
and even the stuff you can buy is pretty inexpensive.

One advantage of their materials is that they are either sound files or text
files that are basically free of odd formatting or graphics.  JAWS reads
their PDF files well, or you can convert them easily into straight text.  I
recommend starting with "Guerrilla Job Search Secrets", which you can either
download or purchase on CD for the cost of shipping.

While you may have heard some of the ideas already through Richard Bolles or
other modern job search gurus, there is a lot of new information and new
marketing methods that look like they will work well.  The logos idea is
pretty intriguing.  They offer a money back guarantee on their resume
course, and they do a decent job of following up and sending you free
information.  Their headquarters is in Edina, MN, which is not too far from
our center.