[rehab] Question

RJ Sandefur joltingjacksandefur at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 00:36:00 UTC 2011

My question is this. How is a consumer going to march into the councilor's office with these regs and try to convince his/her councilor He/she needs to go for more training? Are these Regs only for VR agencies? I walk into lets just say Janes office, she is my councilor for this example and I tell her I want to go to LCB, and she says no. How would your adverage consumer, who has not had training in understanding these regulations be able to understand all this legal jargon in order to make a clear and precise presentation to the councilor? I'm a consumer with DBS here in Florida. Here in Florida, we have two centers. Our state ran rehabilitation center, and the Conklin center for the blind which trains  people who are blind with aditional disabilities, or we can go with the light house. Those are our three options here in Florida. I understand some of the regulations, because I'm interested in the law. RJ