[rehab] Technology job opening at Criss Cole Texas

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Tue Dec 3 17:55:51 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Trainer-talk [mailto:trainer-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Wayne Merritt
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 11:39 AM
To: jobs at nfbnet.org
Cc: gui-talk at nfbnet.org; This is a list for discussion among members of the NFB of Texas.; List for teachers and trainers of adaptive technology; This is a list for discussion among members of the NFB of Texas.; members
Subject: [Trainer-talk] Technology job opening at Criss Cole

Hello. I am sending this to several different lists, so apologies for any duplicates. Feel free to forward as you see fit.
The Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center in Austin, TX, has two openings in the Technology Department. There is one posting but it is for both job openings. The deadline is Monday, December 9. Criss Cole is the adult blind rehabilitation center in Texas. I have worked in this department for nearly 8 years. There is a mix of people at Criss Cole, some that have been here for 5 years or less and others that have been here for over 20 years. CCRC does not offer relocation assistance.
Read more about the jobs at the links below. I would add that being familiar with mobile devices and technologies would be preferrable, since many of our consumers have Android and iOS devices. If you have questions then contact me off list. My information is below.
Direct link to the job post:
https://jobshrportal.cpa.texas.gov/ENG/careerportal/Job_Profile.cfm?szOrderID=246336&szReturnToSearch=1&&szWordsToHighlight=technology
Link to the job search form. Write either "blind" or "technology" in the edit box and select Austin in the cities combo box, then hit search and the post will  appear.
https://jobshrportal.cpa.texas.gov/ENG/careerportal/default.cfm?

Regards,
Wayne Merritt
wcmerritt at gmail.com