[rehab] Question regarding labeling case files

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Fri Jun 19 02:22:39 UTC 2015

I definitely use the label sheets in my filing, as well as for tagging
things in our supply store.  You can buy heavy clear laminate on Ebay, a box
of about 50 for around $25.  These sheets are 9 by 12 inches, and I cut
several 4-inch strips to keep handy.  When I need a label, I roll on in the
Perkins, then go down about an inch from the top to braille the folder name.
I cut right at the bottom edge of the braille line, which will allow you to
place the braille on the back side of the folder tab with the braille being
at the top edge.  Even though the laminate is clear, the braille does
distort for sighted users.  This way I can literally walk through a file
drawer with my fingertips when hunting a file.

Hope this makes sense.

Also, note that it is much faster to braille files this way than it took me
to explain it.  Hahaha.

Best wishes.

Judy