[rehab] Question regarding labeling case files

Alexander, Lucy, CFB Lucy.Alexander at state.nm.us
Fri Jun 19 14:45:11 UTC 2015

Greetings,

I worked as a VRC for more than nine years, managing caseloads as high as 350 cases, and used dimo tape on the back of folders to identify them.  Occasionally I ran into a bad roll of tape that did not stick well, but for the most part, the tape stayed on for years and actually reinforced the paper tab so that it lasted longer.  The files were very well organized, so I could pull important documents without them being labeled in braille.  I was fortunate to have wonderful secretarial support who put documents back in their places.  I can see where using larger plastic sheets would be more beneficial because you could braille more than just a name.  I now use this system for my files at home.  Good luck!

HTH,
Lucy