[rehab] Heartbraking story

Michael Peterson itsmike2011 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 14:48:33 UTC 2016

Hi Everett.
If I were unable to get funding for Joseph to have a computer I wouldcontact
an agency  Computers for the blind in Texas I think that is the name.
A desktop costs I believe $100 and a laptop cost $150.  These are
refervished but better than no computer many folks say they work great in
fact.  If funds are a problem I would if I lived in his area contact Lions
international and or some of the bigger churches for starters or perhaps
contact the State NFB affiliate and see if they might provide the money
necessary for this project.  Perhaps your local chapter could do a raffle.
Another possability is contact some of the christian radio networks The
fish, K LOVE orand way fm.  Provide a brief version of  josephs story  in a
format explaining he needs to have a computer and that you could secure one
if you had $150 gift card. Please contact the texas agency before providing
prices I might be wrong.
If you can't find contact information let me know and I'll try to locate
that for you.

I would leave out Joseph's tramatic past.

Also some rehabilitation agencies in their services for the blind have a
homemaker type assistance where they provide some aids games etc to newly or
senior blind people who can't work.
Each agency has it's own guidelines.
I definitely think $200 or so for a refervished computer is doable.
another posability is contact acollege or high school philanthropical group
and ask them to help.
Just thinking out of the box, I hope this helps.

Have a great day.

Michael Peterson