[rehab] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] The Power of Love!

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Thu Mar 10 15:35:26 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

Dave Andrews sent this announcement out earlier, but I thought I would
forward it again to all of you, and urge you to consider buying it.

I have a chapter in it that describes the interesting ways Dr. Jernigan
interviewed people for jobs and his philosophy about staffing the Iowa
Commission for the Blind.  People who have heard the story have asked me to
repeat it to others, so I finally wrote it down, along with some other
stuff.   My chapter is entitled “The Belly Laugh”, and it is on page 219 in
the print edition.

Aside from this shameless self-promotion, I would have to say that the
stories by the 29 people featured in the book are really well-written and
show Dr. Jernigan as a real human being.  Sometimes a mythology grows up
around a person who’s larger than life, making it hard to see him as he
really was.  Now you can.

Dick Davis

The Power of Love:

The ebook version of The Power of Love: How Kenneth Jernigan Changed the
World for the Blind is now available from iUniverse
<http://bookstore.iuniverse.com/Products/SKU-001055364/The-Power-of-Love.aspx>,
Amazon
<http://www.amazon.com/Power-Love-Kenneth-Jernigan-Changed/dp/1491784512/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457367764&sr=8-1&keywords=the+power+of+love+jernigan>,

googlebooks.com, barnesandnoble.com