[rehab] Blindness mannerisms:

Angel238 angel238 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 1 03:49:03 UTC 2017

It might also be a good idea for rehabilitation councilors to advise their
partially sighted clients to at least carry an identifier cane, if they
choose
not to carry a traditional white cane.  This, to avoid rude responses.  When
the client asks questions about things he can not see.  Some years ago, I
was standing at a bus stop.  When I heard a lady ask a bus driver the number
of a bus.  He told her quite rudely.  Then, he told everyone who cared to
hear:  "She asks this same question every day."  It seemed obvious, to me,
she, perhaps, had difficulty with her vision, and wasn't carrying any sort
of a cane.  This is a rude world in which we live.  To soften just a little
of that rudeness carrying such a cane might help. ----- Original
Message -----