[rehab] Job ads requirements

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Sep 21 14:41:26 UTC 2017

I am not a Rehab Counselor -- but work for a state rehab agency.  I could be wrong here -- please anyone correct me -- but in the Federal/State rehab system, Counselors are required to have Masters degrees in rehabilitation or related fields.  I think we sometimes hire people who are close, but have a bit remaining to complete, but they have to do it in a certain amount of time.  Other entities hire rehab counselors, and may have other requirements.  We also hire "rehab technicians" some of whom just have high school degrees. They are more involved with coordination, paperwork, orientation, etc., not actual counseling.

Dave

David Andrews | Chief Technology Officer
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
State Services for the Blind
2200 University Ave West, Suite 240, St. Paul MN 55114
Direct: 651-539-2294
Web | Twitter | Facebook