[rehab] FW: Rehab Instructor job opportunity

Edward Bell ebell at pdrib.com
Thu Jan 11 10:43:54 UTC 2018

The State of Nevada is recruiting for a

Rehabilitation Instructor in the Reno area.

Rehabilitation Instructors assist blind and visually impaired clients in achieving employability and self-sufficiency. Clients are taught to successfully

employ alternative techniques at work, home, and out in the community in order to achieve maximum independence.

Instruction and alternative techniques for independent living include: the use of magnifiers, illumination controls, adaptive aids, assistive computer

technologies and instruction and the development of Braille reading and writing skills. This position requires travel of up to 100 miles to the surrounding

rural communities, so a driver's license or the ability to travel with accommodation is required.

Minimum Qualifications:

Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in rehabilitation teaching of the blind or closely related field and one year of professional

experience training persons who are blind or visually impaired in alternative techniques of independent living and providing instruction in the use of

low vision aids in a rehabilitation setting.

The State of Nevada offers an excellent benefits package including:

list of 5 items

 3 weeks of paid vacation earned per year

 3 weeks of sick leave earned per year

 11 paid holidays per year

 Affordable health, vision and dental care

 Participation in the Public Employee Retirement System

list end

TO APPLY:

go to nvjobs.hr.gov and search for Rehabilitation Instructor or

Email: pgmiles at nvdetr.org for more information

REHABILITATION INSTRUCTORS WANTED!

Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC

Director, Professional Development and Research

Institute on Blindness

Louisiana Tech University

210 Woodard Hall

PO Box 3158

Ruston LA 71272

Office: 318.257.4554                      Fax: 318.257.2259 (Fax)                Skype: edwardbell2010

 <mailto:ebell at latech.edu> ebell at latech.edu            www.pdrib.com <http://www.pdrib.com>

"I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops."

-- Stephen Jay Gould