[rehab] 2018 NFB Career Fair

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Fri Mar 23 16:40:21 UTC 2018

Dear Members of the Jobs and Rehab listservs,

We are still working out the dates for our other convention events, but the
2018 NFB Career Fair (formerly known as the Job Fair) will be held on
Saturday evening, July 7 from 7 to 9 p.m.  This is later in the week than
past fairs, and we hope the later date allows even more blind job seekers
to attend.  We’ve gotten a very positive response from employers, so expect
at least 30, probably more, this year.

I am going to be working with our committee to create a better registration
process than last year, hopefully an online one if we can swing it.

Our Job Seeker Seminar, Upward Mobility Seminar, Employment Committee
meeting/networking session, and Etiquette Dinner will be earlier in the
week, allowing you more time to get ready for the Career  Fair.  I will
send out more information via NFBNET when I know more, but you will want to
keep checking our website, https;//employment.nfb.org for updates and the
list of employers as it continues to grow.

We are currently working on a way for people to get help with resumes.
This year, if we do it, we aren’t going to do it at the last minute.  More
information on that will hopefully follow.

Best wishes,

Dick Davis, Chair

NFB Employment Committee