[Rehab] Inaccessible job websites

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Wed Aug 21 18:30:45 UTC 2019

Hi,

Since the question came up today, I want to tell you all that if you run
into an inaccessible job application website, you should report it to
Paralegal Valerie Yingling in the NFB headquarters.  Her email is
vyingling at nfb.org.  The NFB contacts employers and works with them on
getting these sites accessible.  We also sue some offenders.  But Valerie
needs your help in identifying problem ones.

Some of you will note that there are lots of laws on the books that require
accessibility be built into software development.  Yet, not everyone
follows them.  It is kind of like getting sighted people to see blind
people as normal, capable individuals.  It isn’t going to happen unless we
make it happen.

Dick Davis, Chair
NFB Employment Committee