[Rehab] FW: Apple Technical Support Advisor Job Links

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Fri Aug 23 19:45:46 UTC 2019

Dear NFB Friends,

Below is an email I received from Shay Shimizu of Apple headquarters in
Cupertino, CA.  This is the first time Apple has decided to recruit through
the NFB.  I told her we have some people with excellent qualifications.
Following are some suggestions to help you make the most of this
opportunity:

You must be qualified to be considered, so make sure your resume and other
materials show that you are.  Don’t just send a generic resume: take the
time to write one that is specific to the job.  Make sure your resume is
chronological in structure, and briefly explain any gaps in your work
history.  Be as concise as possible. If you have not worked in tech jobs
but have tech experience in your personal life, please include it in your
resume and their questionnaire.  You have to show that you have a passion
for technology.

These are entry level positions, though very good ones.  They are in two
locations only: Sacramento, CA and Austin, TX.  I told Shay that our people
are willing to relocate for good jobs, so she will consider people applying
from outside those two states.  Apple will not pay relocation costs, so
make sure you are able to get assistance from your VR agency or pay for the
move yourself.  You can apply for either or both locations.  Apple collects
applications year round, but will not hire until they need people in a
location.  So don’t be disappointed if you don’t hear from them for a
while.  If you apply for only one location, it may take longer for you to
be interviewed than if you apply for both.

As you can see below, Shay is monitoring the response to this email, and
will acknowledge your submission.  That does not mean you will get an
interview; they will screen for those people who appear to have the best
qualifications and interview them.  Again, another reason to take time and
make sure your resume and other documentation covers all the bases.

This is all that I can think of in terms of advice.  Good luck in the
application process.

Best wishes,

Dick Davis, Chair
NFB Employment Committee