[Rehab] Question about WIOA and Subminimum Wage Sheltered Workshops

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sun Jan 20 07:03:43 UTC 2019

Aloha everyone,

I was talking with a friend today and came out of that conversation with a question about how WIOA Pre-ETS funding works. Some state VR agencies have been setting up Summer Youth Employment Programs where they contract in subminimum wage sheltered workshops to administer the summer work experiences. To me, this seems to go against the spirit of WIOA, but I don't know if it violates the actual federal VR policy.

Can anyone tell me if it does?

Mahalo,

Justin

Justin M. Hideaki Salisbury, MA, NOMC, NCRTB, NCUEB
Board Member | National Association of Blind Students
   A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
(808) 797-8606
president at alumni.ecu.edu | www.nabslink.org<http://www.nabslink.org/>