[Rehab] Question about WIOA and Subminimum Wage Sheltered Workshops

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 20:03:06 UTC 2019

Hi Justin thanks for your message. Here in Florida, the Workforce Investment Opportunity Act created a partnership between the Division Of Blind Services and Career Source Central Florida. Career Source of Central Florida provides job assistance to blind Central Floridians.

Last January I contacted an organization called Inspire Central Florida, a company that provides assistance to people with developmental disabilities. The director of this organization informed me that the Division Of Blind Services, the state agency that provides services to blind Central Floridians would not consider this competitive employment. This company pays its employees fifty cents to a dollar per hour to complete job tasks.