[Rehab] Employment Committee Events at National Convention

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Fri Mar 22 16:59:17 UTC 2019

Dear List Members,

I have received some contacts from people who want to know when our Career
Fair and other events will occur at the Las Vegas convention.  I have
requested the following dates and times for our events:

Sunday, July 7:

Job Seeker Seminar, 1-5 p.m.  This is a combination of presentations and
breakout sessions to help you get a good job.

Monday, July 8:

Employment Committee Meeting and Networking Event, 8-10 a.m.  The first
hour will be taken up with a report from the Employment Committee and
suggestions from participants for future activities.  The second half will
be dedicated to employers talking about their job openings, jobseekers
talking about what they are looking for, and opportunities for both to get
together.

Employer Orientation – interviewing and hiring blind people, 10-11 a.m.
This informal session will attempt to answer employer questions and offer
helpful advice.

2019 NFB Career Fair, 1-3 p.m., featuring 45 employers and over 200 blind
jobseekers.

Employer interviews/information sessions, 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.  By appointment
only.  Employers will call back people who impressed them and either
interview them or give them more information on how to apply.

Tuesday, July 9:

Upward Mobility Seminar, 6-9 p.m.  This is designed for people who are
already employed and want to get a better job, but other people are welcome
too.

Wednesday, July 10:

Etiquette Dinner, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.  An opportunity for jobseekers to learn
how to handle themselves in an employment interview lunch or social lunch
with an employer and coworkers.  May be outside the hotel this year.

Please plan your arrival times at the convention so you can attend these
events.

If you want more information, please email me at ddavis at blindinc.org.

Thanks,

Dick Davis, Chair