[Rehab] National Association of Blind Rehabilitation Professionals division meeting agenda

Amy Porterfield APorterfield at saavi.us
Fri Jul 10 19:37:08 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Please find that agenda for the National Association of Blind Rehabilitation Professionals  division meeting at our upcoming 2020 national Federation of the Blind convention.

It will take place Thursday, July 16, from  1:00-3:00 PM at Zoom meeting ID: 948 9759 8549<https://zoom.us/j/94897598549>.
I hope to see you all there.

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
NATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF BLIND REHABILITATION PROFESSIONALS Division
Turning Challenges into Opportunities

Thursday, July 17, 2020, 1:00-3:00 PM
Zoom meeting ID: 948 9759 8549<https://zoom.us/j/94897598549>

AGENDA
1:00-1:15 Welcome and introductions

  *   Amy Porterfield, President
1:15-1:30:  Advocating through these challenging times, Let's work with our elected officials to create our own opportunities for support.

  *   Stephanie Flint, Office of Advocacy and Policy, National Federation of the Blind
1:30-1:45:  Advocacy closer to home: How to create our own opportunities for services in our states:

  *   Carlos Serván, Executive Director, NCBVI, Daniel Fry, Executive Director
  *   Brian Dulude, Manager Services for the Blind Visually Impaired and Deaf Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration
1:45-2:00: Resolutions:  How we in the federation create our own opportunity for change.

  *   Everette Bacon, President, National Federation of the Blind of Utah,
  *   Colin Wong, Education Committee Chair, National Federation of the Blind of Arizona,
  *   Jordan Moon, First Vice President National Federation of the Blind of Arizona
2:00-2:15:  Living the dream:  Why choose Rehabilitation Counseling as your career.

  *   Juli Deedon, Director Colorado Center for the Blind,
  *   Amy Burrish, Rehabilitation Counselor, NCBVI
  *   Shirly Robinson, Assistant Director for Blind Services with GA VR
2:15-2:40: Structured Discovery and the new normal: How our blindness professionals maintain quality training virtually and with social distancing.

  *   Joanne Gabias, Operations Manager, Saavi Services for the Blind,
  *   Jeff Altman, Orientation and Mobility Instructor, NCBVI,
  *   Rolland Allan, Orientation and Mobility Instructor, Louisiana Center for the Blind,
2:40-2:55 Elections
2:55-3:00 announcements
3:00 Adjourn

Amy Porterfield