[Rehab] Reason NIB is starting Cisco course using low vision

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Wed Sep 30 19:58:09 UTC 2020

Tai,
This is a case where I agree with you completely on principle. If I were
running NIB, I would insist that they offer the program to screen reader
users at the same time as low vision users.  But I don't.  So I am going to
continue to monitor them to make sure they do what they say they are doing,
which is figure out how Cisco training can work with screen readers. I have
heard that Cisco has not been particularly accessible to blind people in the
past, and it looks like NIB is working on making that possible. But I am not
a technical person, so I must defer to more knowledgeable people on that. I
also realize that we need to continue to let NIB know we are watching them
to make sure they don't take shortcuts.
Best,