[Rehab] NIB response to training program

Dick Davis ddavis at blindinc.org
Wed Sep 30 22:24:11 UTC 2020

I got the following information from Billy Parker, who is in charge of
training at NIB:

“Thanks for the email and your assistance with sharing our Cisco Academy
Program.  I feel like there must have been some miscommunication regarding
the NIB Cisco Academy Program we are launching and accessibility.  We have
reviewed the training, and everything indicates it is accessible.  That is
not the reason for having two different groups.  From previous experience
it has been more effective to focus on two different groups for training to
allow an opportunity to focus on individual needs more effectively.  We are
starting with magnification first in case any issues do need to be
addressed prior to enrolling screen reader users.   The second pilot is
focused on screen reader users and we are already receiving some potential
applicants. .  Our goal is to connect talented blind individuals into
professional opportunities.  Please let me know if you have any additional
questions or concerns regarding the program.”

I think this is good news, and I hope some people on this list will apply
for their teacher assistant job.

Best wishes,