[SC-CSTD] FW: February 2024 Newsletter

floza58 at bellsouth.net floza58 at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 1 20:53:26 UTC 2024

From: WayAround <connect at wayaround.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2024 3:24 PM
To: Frank Loza <floza58 at bellsouth.net>
Subject: February 2024 Newsletter

Frank

February is Low Vision Awareness month, and we have lots of great content coming your way. To kick things off, we published our FIRST YouTube Short about the Speak WayTag feature. This feature has been around for a while, but more people have called recently to ask how WayAround can talk to them if they don't use a screen reader.

The answer is to turn on the Speak WayTag feature! Then you just click read and all the info is read to you without VoiceOver on. Watch this quick video to learn how it works.

One of the things we hear again and again from our customers is how EASY it is to use WayAround. It's true, as long as you're comfortable using your smartphone. Part of being comfortable with your smartphone means having the right accessibility settings enabled for your needs. And if your vision is changing, you're going to need to update your settings as your eyesight changes.

Why not learn what's available and how to adjust it BEFORE you feel frustrated that your phone just isn't working for you?

As part of our low vision focus this month, we'll be sharing lots of resources about accessibility settings and features on your smartphone. Some you may already know, and others may be new to you. Do you have questions about certain features? Maybe you've heard about a feature but don't know how it works. Or maybe you're not sure about the difference between a voice assistant (like Siri or Google Assistant) and a screen reader (like VoiceOver or TalkBack). Let us know your questions or what you wish you knew more about!

Keep reading to register for our upcoming webinar on February 15 and for some low-vision specific blog posts from our archive.

Happy Tagging,
Jessica

"I want people to know how much easier their lives could be if they decided to use the WayAround system."

- Debra E., The Blind Kitchen

Webinar: Smartphone Accessibility Features You Need to Know, 2/15

The smartphone has been one of the biggest game-changers in assistive technology in the last 30 years. But if you don't know how to use it, it won't do you much good!

Knowing the accessibility features can help you make the most of your smartphone. We'll talk about some of our favorite accessibility features and what types of needs they work best for. We'll also make sure you know the difference between voice assistants (like Siri or Google Assistant) and screen readers (like VoiceOver or TalkBack).

Join Michael Doise and Jessica Hipp on Thursday, February 15 at 12:00 p.m. CT, 1:00 p.m. ET for this one-hour webinar. This is a great session to attend if you're supporting a friend or family member who has changing eyesight.

Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Register here.

"I LOVE the WayAround tags! I can easily mark my meds with the updated directions as the doctors change instructions between refills."

- Heidi C.

>From the Archive

Our blog has years of accumulated resources and wisdom. These posts have some great tips, especially if you have low vision or changing eyesight.

*         Tips for Cooking With Vision Loss is a collaborative post with our friend Debra, a professionally trained chef who is the mastermind behind The Blind Kitchen.

*         How Can WayAround Make My Life Easier and More Efficient?

*         Tips for Seniors with Sight Loss has ten tips for seniors or anyone who is facing sight loss.

WayAround, 6010 W. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, TX 75024, United States