[SC-CSTD] FW: V I Labs Tech On Tap Newsletter Edition 191

floza58 at bellsouth.net floza58 at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 16 13:23:38 UTC 2024

From: V I Labs Tech On Tap Newsletter Edition 191 <content at vi.ie>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2024 4:18 AM
To: floza58 at bellsouth.net
Subject: V I Labs Tech On Tap Newsletter Edition 191

 <https://mailchi.mp/a54a65f6ef5a/v-i-labs-tech-on-tap-newsletter-edition-4039254?e=bcd617a5bc> View this email in your browser

Featured Articles

*	How to listen to V I Live Radio on the V I Labs SmartHub Skill on your Alexa Smart Speaker
*	Tech giant Lenovo set to make accessibility enhancements to laptop keys
*	There’s a new accessible audio recorder on the block. Meet the Zoom h1E, h4E, and H6E.
*	Uncontracted Braille Course - Sign Up Today!

Digital Content Survey

Dear Readers,

Your input is vital to us!

We're eager to enhance our offerings from the V I Labs Digital Content Team including the Tech on Tap Newsletter, the Talking Technology Podcasts, and V I Live Online Radio.

Your valuable feedback will directly contribute to the improvement and development of these initiatives. Please take a moment to share your thoughts and insights by completing this survey.

We genuinely appreciate your participation and look forward to incorporating your feedback to provide you with even better content experiences. Thank you for your support!

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=68f15f36f4&e=bcd617a5bc> Complete the Survey

How to listen to V I Live Radio on the V I Labs SmartHub Skill on your Alexa Smart Speaker

Find out how to tune in to V I Live Radio using the Vision Ireland SmartHub skill on your Alexa device, providing you with access to diverse content including technology podcasts, sports reports, advocacy talks, and more.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=3eee02ec5b&e=bcd617a5bc> Read the Full Article

Tech giant Lenovo set to make accessibility enhancements to laptop keys

Lenovo is set to improve laptop accessibility by introducing tactile keys, a development promising greater inclusivity for users with disabilities.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=4a8de6f1c0&e=bcd617a5bc> Read the Full Article

There’s a new accessible audio recorder on the block. Meet the Zoom h1E, h4E, and H6E.

Introducing Zoom's new audio recorders - the h1E, h4E, and H6E. With a built-in screen reader and high-quality audio recording, they're making recording more accessible for everyone.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=730d7d0f0f&e=bcd617a5bc> Read the Full Article

Uncontracted Braille Course - Sign Up Today!

Have you ever thought about learning Braille? This 8-week course is the perfect starting point. You will learn the alphabet and by the end of the course be able to read words and sentences.

Start Date:  Friday 23rd February.
Time: 10am – 11am.

 <mailto:training at vi.ie?subject=Braille%20Course> Register for this course

Talking Technology with V I Labs

The Talking Technology Podcasts cover a wide variety of subjects relating to all sorts of technologies that might be of interest to someone with sight loss.

All shows are recorded live every 2nd Tuesday at 2.30pm and made available on YouTube and all the popular podcast platforms for you to watch or listen back to afterwards.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=7f54eae7a2&e=bcd617a5bc> V I Labs Podcast YouTube Playlist

Talking Technology with VI Labs, episode 50 - unboxing the accessible talking Air Fryer, with a few WhatsApp Voice Notes

This week we tell you about a brand-new way that you can interact with Talking Technology. You can now send us a voice note on WhatsApp by using the number 086 199 0011. We can’t wait to hear your thoughts.

We also unbox the new Talking air fryer from Cobolt. Could this be the most accessible air fryer yet?

It’s audio description from Google and safer Internet day in tech news. And we chat more about accessible cooking in quick pics.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=17b7ca9e37&e=bcd617a5bc> Watch back the Show

Technology Support Line

We offer a dedicated support line and email address for technical support related to assistive and mainstream technology.

The service is free for people with sight loss and their families. We also offer technical advice on assistive technology to schools and employers.

The Technology Support Helpdesk is operated between 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday.

Contact V I Labs nationwide on 1800 911 110.

Subscribe to V I Labs Podcasts

V I Labs Podcasts are hosted on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and TuneIn.

Please subscribe to the following and give us a listen on your favourite device.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=a6a2a66f95&e=bcd617a5bc> Apple Podcasts

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=e83e2ed840&e=bcd617a5bc> Google Podcasts

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=91420ec298&e=bcd617a5bc> Spotify

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=12207e6b7b&e=bcd617a5bc> TuneIn

Support Vision Ireland

Your continued support for Vision Ireland's work to help people with sight loss is hugely appreciated. Please click the link below for more information on how you can help.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=8b1042de7d&e=bcd617a5bc> Support Vision Ireland

This email was sent to  <mailto:floza58 at bellsouth.net> floza58 at bellsouth.net
 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=b91779911d&e=bcd617a5bc&c=55ea756384> why did I get this?     <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=b91779911d&t=b&e=bcd617a5bc&c=55ea756384> unsubscribe from this list     <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=b91779911d&e=bcd617a5bc&c=55ea756384> update subscription preferences
NCBI · Whitworth Road · Drumcondra · Dublin 9, Co. Dublin · Ireland