[SC-CSTD] FW: V I Labs Tech On Tap Newsletter Edition 194

floza58 at bellsouth.net floza58 at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 9 03:04:33 UTC 2024

From: V I Labs Tech On Tap Newsletter <content at vi.ie>
Sent: Friday, March 8, 2024 11:57 AM
To: floza58 at bellsouth.net
Subject: V I Labs Tech On Tap Newsletter Edition 194

 <https://mailchi.mp/d094ab7cdbbc/v-i-labs-tech-on-tap-newsletter-edition-4039281?e=bcd617a5bc> View this email in your browser

Featured Articles

*	This Talking Air Fryer for the Blind is really quite good
*	WebAIM screen reader survey reveals interesting results
*	Envision app is now available on BlindShell Classic 2
*	Virtual Technology Clubs - New Club in Dublin North East

This Talking Air Fryer for the Blind is really quite good

Discover the Cobolt Talking Air Fryer: an accessible solution for visually impaired users, as reviewed by David Redmond

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=70feec6167&e=bcd617a5bc> Read the Full Article

WebAIM screen reader survey reveals interesting results

The findings from the 10th WebAIM survey of screen reader users have been released. Which screen reader emerges as the most widely used?

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=162e5d4f06&e=bcd617a5bc> Read the Full Article

Envision app is now available on BlindShell Classic 2

The free Envision App uses your phone's camera to speak out written information, describe surroundings and objects, and even tell you who's nearby. And now it's available on the BlindShell 2.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=fa6be1deab&e=bcd617a5bc> Read the Full Article

Virtual Tech Clubs - New Club in Dublin North East

The Virtual Clubs are online Group Chats where you can learn about and discuss the latest in technology that can help overcome any barriers in your daily life.

Learn about technology, equipment, and apps that we are already using and discover the latest information on new and emerging tech from your peers.

New Virtual Club
A new Virtual Technology Club in Dublin North East is starting up on Tuesday 26th March. Contact us through the link below if you are interested in joining this or any of our virtual technology clubs.

 <mailto:training at vi.ie?subject=Virtual%20Technology%20Clubs> Find out more

Talking Technology with V I Labs

The Talking Technology Podcasts cover a wide variety of subjects relating to all sorts of technologies that might be of interest to someone with sight loss.

All shows are recorded live every 2nd Tuesday at 2.30pm and made available on YouTube and all the popular podcast platforms for you to watch or listen back to afterwards.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=2f9ac98a5b&e=bcd617a5bc> V I Labs Podcast YouTube Playlist

Talking Technology Episode 52 - Vision Buddy, Top Screen Readers revealed, & Accessible Power Banks

On the show this week we check out the Vision Buddy, an innovative TV-watching system for the visually impaired, featuring HD streaming and magnification. CEO Zack Afridi joins us to unveil the latest updates to the 4th Generation of this product.

We reveal the standout results of the 10th WebAIM Screen Reader User Survey and discuss the versatility of Energrid’s accessible power banks, perfect for charging your digital devices on the go.

Join the conversation with a WhatsApp Voice Note 086 199 0011, or send us an email to content at vi.ie.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=16ccfb9a0f&e=bcd617a5bc> Watch back the Show

Technology Support Line

We offer a dedicated support line and email address for technical support related to assistive and mainstream technology.

The service is free for people with sight loss and their families. We also offer technical advice on assistive technology to schools and employers.

The Technology Support Helpdesk is operated between 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday.

Contact V I Labs nationwide on 1800 911 110.

Subscribe to V I Labs Podcasts

V I Labs Podcasts are hosted on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and TuneIn.

Please subscribe to the following and give us a listen on your favourite device.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=1a041731f4&e=bcd617a5bc> Apple Podcasts

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=a70c938fb3&e=bcd617a5bc> Google Podcasts

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=0741dce4f0&e=bcd617a5bc> Spotify

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=087ff11107&e=bcd617a5bc> TuneIn

Support Vision Ireland

Your continued support for Vision Ireland's work to help people with sight loss is hugely appreciated. Please click the link below for more information on how you can help.

 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=298d283316&e=bcd617a5bc> Support Vision Ireland

This email was sent to  <mailto:floza58 at bellsouth.net> floza58 at bellsouth.net
 <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/about?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=b91779911d&e=bcd617a5bc&c=ace42e9c48> why did I get this?     <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=b91779911d&t=b&e=bcd617a5bc&c=ace42e9c48> unsubscribe from this list     <https://ncbi.us3.list-manage.com/profile?u=0075302c481fdf615a1e2037f&id=b91779911d&e=bcd617a5bc&c=ace42e9c48> update subscription preferences
NCBI · Whitworth Road · Drumcondra · Dublin 9, Co. Dublin · Ireland