[Small-Appliance-Cooking] Hello

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Mon Apr 9 01:51:36 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am pprimarily interested in the Instant Pot conversations which I expect
will occur  on this list.  I happen to love this appliance, though I wish I
had purchased the 8 quart model.  We host our family each Thursday and for
some recipes, the IP is too small.  We have the Blue Tooth model and this is
the very best feature of the IP and I think the rest of the functions are
also wonderful.

Some questions I have are about temperature.  I have not figured out which
settings are hotter, such as soup, rice, yogurt and so on.  I sometimes feel
like the temperatures are a little too hot, especially in the beginning,
since I tend to get sticking.  I sometimes begin with the slow cook on the
lowest setting until things get going and then I increase the temperature.
Any hints on temperatures will be appreciated.  I have not tried to use the
rice cooking function because I hate cleaning up burnt on rice.

Thanks for this list.

Warmest Regards,

Fred