[Small-Appliance-Cooking] Food delivery that excepts EBT cards

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 03:47:01 UTC 2018

I just wanted to let you all know that schwans is a food delivery service that excepts EBT cards as a form of payment. They deliver frozen food, and they often have promotions where you can get 20 or 30% off your order. You can get things from them that will make your recipes a lot easier like pre-cooked meats and pre-roasted vegetables. They also have a lot of meals you can get. I know that frozen food is available in the grocery store, but the selection they have at schwans are things that I have not seen in the grocery store. When you heat up their food, it actually does not taste like frozen food. For example, there are mashed potatoes taste real and even have potato skins in it. I just made my first order with them recently and it was very successful. They also have a lot of desserts and ice cream that you cannot find in the store. You can use many of their items in other recipes. Where example, if you are making a peach pie, you normally have to boil the peaches to get the skin off and get them out of the boiling water with tongs. It is a process that takes a while, but using canned peaches is gross. However, they have frozen sliced peaches that would taste fresh if you use them in the pipe. They also have premade scone dough and other things. And it is really convenient because it comes right to you and unlike other grocery delivery services, you can use your food stamps for it if you get those. I just really liked it and I thought I would mention it since a lot of the things they have might be helpful for use in small appliances. They also have some skillet meals that you are supposed to make over the stove, and I wonder if you could make some of these meals in an Insta pot. I just know that getting prepped vegetables is very convenient for me. For example, they have this thing of steamed onions and peppers, and chopping them up and steaming them yourself will take awhile. You can also get pre-cooked meat at the deli of the grocery store. I want to make chili in my crockpot, and I think I might just get some pre-cooked meat because I moved recently, and my roommates were not very nice to my pots and pans, so I just let them have them. Therefore, I do not have a pan to brown the beef over the stove. You can technically cook raw meat in a crockpot, but I have tried that and it becomes very stringy and flavorless. You can also cook ground beef and a microwave, but the same thing happens. I think I will just find a meet I like and have them grind it up for me at the deli. It is also more convenient because you can get better meet then that ground beef in the tubes, and you do not have to grind it up yourself. For example, you can get sirloin. I really feel that that ground beef in the tubes is a waste of money because so much of it is fat. I want more meat.

Sabra Ewing