[Small-Appliance-Cooking] Using the List

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Apr 14 20:36:01 UTC 2018

Hello Everybody:

I would like to give everyone a few suggestions on using this list
successfully. There was lots of interest, and subscriptions when the
list was put up -- and lots of traffic. Unfortunately all this
activity has discouraged some people also.  We have gone from 111
subscribers to 94. While some people dropping away is normal, this is
above average.

First, this list is for the discussion of small appliances. It was
initiated by folks that had a particular interest in  crockpots.
While what is on topic, and off topic is a grey area, please make
sure your messages are related to blind folks and small appliances.
We have a general blindness-related booking list, Blind Cooks, for
discussion of general cooking matters. You can subscribe by going to
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blind-cooks_nfbnet.org or by
sending e-mail to blind-cooks-request at nfbnet.org and put the word
subscribe on the subject line.

Finally, several people have received notices that they are trying to
unsubscribe, or change their password, when they haven't.  As you may
know, at  at the bottom of each message is a personal options link,
for you to change things.  When you reply to a message, and don't
delete all the stuff at the bottom, long chains of these reply links
accumulate, and somebody looking for theirs may hit the wrong one,
hence the false messages.  Please delete all extraneous material from
messages when replying.

David Andrews, Moderator