[Social-sciences-list] Welcome and Introductions

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Mon Jul 23 17:06:36 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,
	My name is Angela Fowler, and I live in Yuba City, California, which
is about a 45 minute drive north of Sacramento. I'm working on a BA in
psychology at Sacramento State University. While my main interests lie in
the area of counseling, there are some research topics I would like to
pursue in the area of blindness. In particular, I would like to explore ways
to foster social competence in totally blind children, who after all miss
out on much of the incidental learning which allows them to gain information
on how to behave in many social settings, and are often not taught these
things because of low expectations.
	I am also interested in learning how to write effective grants, not
only for my own future research projects but to help raise funds for my NFB
affiliate and student division.
	One of the best things about being a part of an organization such as
NFB is the wealth of knowledge and information we offer each other. I look
forward to learning from everyone on this list, and will share such
knowledge as I have.
Angela