[Social-sciences-list] reply to Maha's questions.

Maha Khochen mahakhechen at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 19:27:02 UTC 2012

Hi Faiz,

Thanks very much for writing. It is very useful to know that the SPSS is not that accessible for Jaws users. I am trying to collect information about the qualitative and quantitative analysis packages that work with JAWS so that I get the necessary training on the software that I can use. Having said that, I totally understand that these analysis softwares have not been designed with us in mind so I might still face some difficulties even with the most accessible ones.

I would appreciate it if you can send me the link to the website that Dr Jonathon has developed so that I can get further information about the R software.

Any advise regarding a qualitative analysis package is very much appreciated.

Alternatively, the colleagues on the list may wish to share with us their experiences of possible ways of analyzing the qualitative data that may work for non sighted researchers.

Thanks again,

Maha