[Social-sciences-list] Social-sciences-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

vincent martin vmartin at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 2 18:22:41 UTC 2012

	NVDA is a very viable option.  I now volunteer teach a course to
elderly blind (55 and older) people in Atlanta where I teach them the basics
of using Windows 7, Internet Explorer, and MS Word in eight lessons.  In the
spring, I used JAWS and will do so again starting in two weeks.  In the
Spring of 2013, I will also teach the same course, but also teach it with
NVDA.  Since the cost of getting JAWS or Window-Eyes is so cost prohibitive
for most of my students, I want to give the option of using a computer and
having a screen reader that does not cost three times what a new computer
would cost them.
[]