[Social-sciences-list] Social-sciences-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 2

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sun Sep 2 19:04:09 UTC 2012

It is really discouraging to see how much it costs. Since I am really tired
of having to rely on an employer or other entity just to have equal access
(as a grad student JAWS is really beyond my own means), I want to find a
better option and NVDA seems to be filling that desire. I love the goal of
the project.

  One thing I was wondering about with respect to NVDA is whether anyone
here has recommendations  about  preferred options for voices. As someone
with an American English accent, I am really  struggling with the accents of
the built in voices. I have checked out a few of the free synthesizer
options, but they are not  much better:).
Many thanks,
Chris

Christine M. Szostak
Doctoral Candidate
Language Perception Laboratory
Department of Psychology, Cognitive Area
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
szostak.1 at osu.edu