[Social-sciences-list] Doing data analysis on the Mac?

Vincent Martin vincent.martin at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 10 09:55:36 UTC 2013

Arielle,
I have used "R" from the terminal line with Voice over, but not from the
console as of yet.  I don't know how well it works from the console in this
environment.  I may get to it during the semester break or early next
semester.

We just evaluated SPSS version 22 with Voice Over on the Mac and it still
does not work.  There are several issues related to voice over, the Mac, and
how the Accessibility bridge for Java work.  Apple and IBM currently have no
intention of addressing this, or at least they won't say they will.

SPSS version 22 is still under evaluation with  Windows though and it seems
to be working better than ever with JAWS.

I use a Mac at least half the time, but have not tried to install a Windows
partition on it as of yet.  I do know a number of blind users that are
running it in this manner though.