[Social-sciences-list] jaws and spss

vincent martin vmartin at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 15 00:04:55 UTC 2013

Peter:
What have you used to do Statistical calculations in the past?  As Christine
said, the real access that screen reader users have is done with either  "r"
or pipestat.  Depending upon what you are doing, a lot can also be done
using Excel as well.  I personally have been able to also get most things
done with SAS   as well.  In that case, you might as well learn to use "R",
since you would have to learn to use SAS from the terminal line.
[]
In the next two days, I will be posting the first to two surveys leading to
prototypes that will be tested for my Master's Project later this semester.
It is my hope and goal to have some form of real workaround that will allow
us to fully use SPSS by the time I finish my Ph. D dissertation.  I learned
to use "R" and love its power, but SPSS is still used in the Social Sciences
the most.