[Social-sciences-list] Work arounds in dealing with the SPSSSoftware?

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Feb 14 15:32:24 UTC 2013

HI Peter,
  Good luck with the new position!

  I recommend R, or for very basic stats, a program called pipestat or
sometimes refered to as |stat. Both are free, are available online, and
fully accessible with JAWS. The only problem  with R is that because it is
fully based on code that the user writes, stats can sometimes be a bit
laborious, especially when first learning how to use R. Hope this helps!
Many thanks,
Christine