[Social-sciences-list] Please help me with online research study

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 03:18:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,
My name is Arielle Silverman and I am a doctoral student in the
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of
Colorado. As you may know, I am conducting a series of studies for my
dissertation examining blind people’s experiences finding employment
as well as your experiences in interacting with the blind and sighted
communities. I would once  again appreciate your help with a brief
online study. For this study, you will be asked to write a brief essay
and then, depending on which version you are randomly assigned to, to
either complete some math problems, verbal problems or a short survey.
The entire study should take no more than 30 minutes to complete.
Again, in appreciation of your time, you will have the opportunity to
enter a raffle drawing to win a $50 gift certificate to a merchant of
your choice (Amazon.com, Itunes.com, Olive Garden, or AMC Theaters).
All of your responses in the study will be anonymous and confidential.
Anyone who is legally blind and at least 18 years old is welcome to
participate. However, some of the materials in this study are
materials I have used in previous studies. The results are most
reliable with participants who have not seen the materials before.
Therefore, if you have participated in any of my studies that involved
math or verbal problems in the past, I kindly ask that you refrain
from participating in this one. If you have just participated in my
studies about employment, however, you are welcome to participate in
this study. I appreciate your cooperation.
To begin please go to:
http://ucsas.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_73NGov2j8E4SNOR
Thank you as always for your assistance. As many of you have asked
about results from this research, I intend to send out a summary of
results from all these studies once the project is completed, most
likely at some point in the spring.
Best,
Arielle Silverman, M.A.
Doctoral Candidate, Social Psychology
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
345 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309-0345
arielle.silverman at colorado.edu